Thursday, August 11, 2005

In regards to Invader Zim and robots in general…

When I was younger I thought that the world was created for me, and that everyone in it was a robot. Or some kind of synthetic human and I was being tested or raised by some other beings. Maybe mice a la Hitchhiker’s Guide. I realize now that a lot of people feel the same way growing up. You never know if you are normal, and there is no way to tell. Just like you will never know that what someone perceives as the color green is the same color green that you see. That might explain some fashions that I have seen though, not really the world.

In that one second of really wondering, sincere imagining the ‘what if’ the people you know and love are not really there, I feel lost. Are my passions and fears real? Or do I entertain myself with this sick fantasy because I am afraid to be myself? Maybe this is why I used to eat chocolate so much, and find myself absorbing it now. Crap. Where’s a chocolate fudge torte cake when you need one?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home