Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Coffee

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Coffee I had my first Krispy Kreme experience last month. My original "experience" occured when I was in Orlando, Fl. There was a Krispy Kreme on the other side of town, and the people that I was with were avid "Kremers" (I don't know if that is a real name, but it sure sounds good). Anway, the main "event" at the doughnut shop is their doughnut machine that makes the spectacular glazed doughnuts. You can watch the process as the little doughnut is made, all the way thru to the little glaze waterfall. After which the workers will actually take the doughnut off of the conveyor belt and HAND IT TO YOU. Mmmmm. ::drool:: Sometimes when the machine is not working properly, they will even give out free samples. (When the doughnuts are ready they actually have a red glowing sign outside announcing that they are ready.) Anway, while at the shop in Orlando, we discovered that the machine was broken, but they started a test run, hoping that it was fixed. We waited thru every agonizing minute, hoping that we would be the ones to get the first doughnuts off of the belt. I was the first in line, ready to take in the full experience of the visit - I had even picked out a sweatshirt to get. I placed my ordered and was handing over my money (one box had just been sold out the window thru the drive-thru), when the worker announced that these doughnuts were bad, and proceeded to throw them in the trash. No free samples!!! It was horrid!!! So I had to wait until I either went to Tulsa (which people do make the run to and hold fundraisers by selling these doughnuts). However, one finally opened in our area. The line actually stopped traffic for about 45 minutes. So, I wasn't too surprised when I got up there on a Sunday morning (about two months after the opening) around 10ish that I had to wait in the drive thru for about 20 minutes. When I took the doughnuts to my friends house, she said that she was never much of a doughnut person. She tried one and she could not believe how the glaze makes the doughnut melt in your mouth. If you would like to testify to the little green & white Krispy Kreme chapels that have been popping up across the US & Canada, then please post a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home