Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Meow

Since I finished my book last night, I decided to go for a walk around the downtown area during lunch. It is quite quaint and beautiful. I meandered down the sidestreets until I reached the main street, once there I turned and found my way to a wonderful antique bookstore. When I found it five years ago I knew that was what heaven must be like. I didn't purchase anything, just browsed. When I came out of the shop, I turned up said main street. I think I got about 10 or 20 yards away from the shop when I noticed a bright red SUV coming down the street. I think it got my attention b/c it honked. Then, the back driver side window rolled down, and a young one. 19? 20? Senior in high school, freshman in college. Leaned out the window and yelled out for all to hear in a one block radius "You're pretty!" Then he proceeded to howl. Not just yell, but HOWL. It was startling & embarassing. I don't think that has ever really happened to me before. I do remember being on the same street about a year ago and a guy driving by just yelled "AAAAAAH!" at me. I think it was around Halloween. Typically I've been getting small cat calls. I have a backpack that is a cat's face (actually it is the cat from Trigun). The bag has flexible ears & floppy wiskers. Anyway, I've been getting people either noticing or 'mewing' behind me when they see it. I guess it doesn't help either that I have my cell phone ring set to "Cat." Yup, meow!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

:P....


cat? i'm a kitty cat! and i meow meow meow meow meow meow!
i lost that link!

8/24/2004 11:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home