Friday, April 22, 2005

Vindication!!!

I have been allowed back onto the forum that I was banned from earlier. From the moderator: "i banned your account ... it was mainly due to the amount of problems we have had lately. could you please let us get to know you a little before such an intense post... more later... the account is back on.... thanks..." Then, there was a reply from a guy that actually understood my dream analysis, and he even said that he thought just like me, but "type of interpretation ignores the spiritual nature of the dream state. So it was perhaps inappropriate even though there was no overt evil intent or immediate danger. Some people appear to have sensed the inappropriateness and instinctively reacted against it, rather aggressively I might add (ROTFLMAO). Well, better safe than sorry! Apologies can be made later if needed." Here was my response when I was allowed to post again: I was quite taken aback this morning when [edited name] informed me that I had been banned from the forum. I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone. That was truly not my intention. I am quite anti-troll re: forums, and I completely agree w/ your rules in regards to banning anyone whose sole purpose in posting in these forums is to bash the people and opinions here. THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION. I was however quite disappointed that I had not received a notification that my account had been blocked (with or without an explanation). I thoroughly read the license agreement before and after I posted, and a few more times after my post was pulled. I understand your need to know people before they post [moderator's name], but I did not consider my post or anyone else’s to be "intense". Also, as I said before, I read the license agreement to see what I needed to do to be able to post. In most forums that I have been in, there is typically an "Introduction" section (if the site is small enough) to allow everyone to get to know each other. If the [this site] had such a forum, then believe me when I say that if not before, then shortly after my analysis of [edited name] dream had been posted I would have posted something about myself on that forum. But alas! There was no such place. Therefore, I am kind of confused as to where to post this info. I guess that info on a profile could work, but could a list of interests or a person’s occupation truly "introduce" someone? I try not to judge people solely based on their profile, but on their posts and with my interactions with them on the forums. I guess I expected to be given that chance by people with open minds and I feel like I was denied that. I enjoy healthy discussions on forums, and I did not think that what I posted was spiritually offensive. Again, when I registered with this site I was under the impression that people of every denomination were welcome, except Satanists. Since I am not a Satanist, I thought that I would be welcome. But apparently something that I wrote gave that appearance? I still am not sure what it was since no one asked for an explanation. That was the second thing that greatly disappointed me with the [site]. I came to this forum b/c of the good things that [edited name] had told me about the people that participate in discussions here (e.g. open-minded, non-denominational, kind). I’m really not trying to "bash" anyone or anything, but after the way that I was treated without any kind of warning or request to defend my analysis of [edited name]’s dream, I do feel threatened and uncomfortable with sharing my opinion and beliefs with people on this forum if all that I will get in return is backlash and ill-will. I had no idea what [edited name]meant when he said that I was "tagged and have a short time to repent" until [edited name] told me that he meant everyone that agreed with him would openly pray against me (basically wishing me harm) and that I had to ask for forgiveness. It frightened me to a point that I wondered, "Had I known these people IRL, would they have slashed my tires or come after me?" I was especially confused b/c by the time I read that and understood what had happened I could not get into the forum and ask forgiveness from anyone that I offended!!! Not only that, but I felt that people were speaking for [edited name] without her permission. I have been greatly upset by this all day long and this morning I was almost crying because I could not understand how people could be so hateful towards me! And [edited name], I just saw your apology before I posted this, and I do thank you for it. However, it still makes me uncomfortable that I was "tagged". Thank you to [edited name] for making me feel welcomed! I felt like someone actually understood me, besides [edited name]. So, before I am banned or my post is removed again, please, before you pass judgement, could you at least ask me or tell me what I said to offend you? Yes, I believe in God, but like the moderator states on the licensing agreement about himself: "[I do] not listen to man ... but also seek to do the will of God. Perhaps even you fall short of this worthy goal ... I guarantee that I do." I truly did not mean to offend. I thought that this was an open faith-based forum. Since it seems to be an issue, I will say that I believe in God. And, quite honestly, I am afraid to say anything else for fear of being attacked again. However, I do believe that people should follow God instead of man. Again, I thought that I was going to be welcomed here and I started posting b/c [edited name] and I were trying to figure out what her dream meant. I did not mean to offend, but instead was offended. Sadly, I did not expect to be this affected by stuff written on a forum. You guys are definitely committed, I will give you that. I just wish you would give people a chance or change the description of the intent of your forum and the expected protocol that you expect new members to follow." And I did receive an apology from the guy that originally "tagged" me. He claimed that it meant "if you were truly coming after one of God's people that you would have to repent to Him and not do it again. That if you were of the satanic persuasion you would have to make a choice between that side and God's." And he did apologize and said he didn't mean me any illwill.