Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Seven

Books (Or Series) That I Love: Out on a Limb by Shirley MacLaine The Camino by Shirley MacLaine Anne of Green Gable Series by L.M. Montgomery The Awakening by Kate Chopin The Riftwar Series by Raymond E. Feist Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice Satan Says by Sharon Olds Favorite Movies Jaws (politics, tragedy, comedy, true love, Rocky Horror Picture Show (this movie made me realize that you can take your audience anywhere and do whatever the hell you want to express yourself through art) Pirates of Penzance (Kevin Kline, George Rose, Linda Ronstadt, and Rex Smith sing! Pirates!) The Princess Bride (also a wonderful book, especially w/ all of the parentheses, Andre the Giant!) 50 First Dates It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! Goonies I Just Can’t (Or Don’t Wanna) Stop Eating things I shouldn’t. Being lazy. Forgetting. Being clumsy (which can be painful to others) Being an early riser Singing Showing that I am happy when I am really happy about something Things to Do Before I Die Be able to make promises and knowing full well that I will not only remember them, but fulfill them.See the Pacific Ocean Be respected Have my portrait painted Spend an entire night on the beach and wake up to the sunrise Dress as something outrageous for Halloween Go on a pilgrimage

Things That Attracted Me to Blogging:

It was something to do in my free time. I could keep a journal and not have my hands hurt like hell from writing in long hand. I learned more about coding. Ooooh! Buttons pretty! Endless possibilities of embarrassing my friends. To actually have an opinion. The illusion of feeling published.

Seven Things I Say Most Often What? Ummmm…. (daydreams) I’m sorry, what did you say? Huh? I don’t know Do you need anything? I love you

Seven Impractical Things I Think Would Be Really Cool Anyway

  • Every Wednesday is Queen Day. Everyone is strongly encouraged to dress in drag.
  • Localized and national monorail system, everyone gets a free ride and it runs 24/7.
  • For the news to tell the truth about what they had to do to get the story and how they edited it before they showed it/published it. Might make some people responsible for their work and take the spin out.
  • A system where your job would circulate. For example, you would be an onion farmer one month, be a news anchor the next month, and a daycare worker the last month. (Yes, yes, I see all of the wholes and realize that the quality would go down; this could be just the assistant job. Maybe.)
  • National Health Care for Americans
  • Cheaper, healthy food and expensive junk food. Why not let filthy habits also be expensive?
  • See charity begin at home and not a world away. A lot could be fixed.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

Respect has always been a weird issue with me. Like, am I being used by my friends and family? Does my opinion matter to people? Am I just a shoulder to cry on or will people give me just as much time as I give them? You know...respect. I've been asking myself that question lately, and I have found some resounding no's.

1/12/2006 08:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home