Monday, May 09, 2005

For a Good Time Call...

*Ringing late on a Saturday night* *Wonderful husband answers wife's cell phone b/c wife fell asleep on the couch after the kid she was babysitting fell asleep* Husband: Hello? Caller: Who's this? Husband: Glenn. Who's this? Caller: This is Nancy. Caller: This number is on the back of a pick-up truck. Husband: Oh? Caller: It said, for a good time, call. So I did. Husband: ... *Hangs Up* *Phone rings a second time* *Husband resumes playing Anarchy Online* *Phone not answered* - Next Morning - Wife looks for cell phone to wish mother a happy Mother's Day. Wife: Have you seen my cell phone? Husband: Oh yeah... *Hands phone off of desk* Husband: You got a call last night. Wife: Oh? Husband: Apparently your number was written on the back of a pick-up truck and said "for a good time call." Wife: A good time? Why not a great time? or a magnificent time?! Husband: I don't know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are a great time.

5/09/2005 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Sorry, Col, I'll take that off my truck now.
*hangs head*
Or at least, I'll change to 'time of your life'.

5/11/2005 11:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home