Monday, July 30, 2007

Shimmy Fest 2007 Sum Up!

NOTE: The following pictures were taken by Miss Lena, or with her camera.
Impressions from others:
  • Direct quote from Glenn: "You have a bird in your hair."
  • Direct quote from the in-laws: "We thought you were gonna pop out!"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Answers to those impressions:
  • Yes. I did have a bird in my hair.
  • No. The girls stayed put.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Regrets:
  • I should have practised putting on my inch long gold eyelashes so that I could have worn them for the show.
  • I kinda wish I did put a bit of white blotches on my left shoulder...you know, for the effect.
  • I bought that top (and a matching skirt) earlier that day from Miss Judy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tips 'n Stuff:
  • When your knee hurts - sit your @$$ down!
  • I got several compliments on the bird in my hair.
  • Family and friends did not recognize me.
  • The lady who I bought the costume top from that day was afraid that it was going to fall off too.
  • Someone in my group knew where I was by following the trail of feathers thru out the hotel.
  • I never realize how crazy I look until I see a picture of myself. Gods...I look huge...so huge I could...I could...I COULD EAT THEIR BABIES!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On the other dancers:
  • One girl made me feel many things (and I wasn't the only one): first, that I was happy to be a full figured woman; second, that if I had a brother and she was single I would have made an arranged marriage; third, if neither of us were married, and gay, then ...well...yeah. Like I said before, I wasn't the only one who felt that way - or made the mistake of telling her husband. :P
  • After watching Miss Kitty Sparkle dance on top of TWO layers of goblets, and ONE layer of shot glasses, I went up to her and said "That was the most f!cking, amazing thing I have seen in my entire life!" She replied quite nicely and sincerely "Oh, why thank you!" Damn, I can be so utterly elegant.
  • I learned that it is a good thing to practise your shimmies. No matter what level you are.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Costumes/Songs I'm considering for the next time:
  • Slave Leia,
  • Thriller,
  • Eskimo - you know, to mix it up.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

You are so beautiful.
You make me proud to be a full figured woman. If my brother and you both were single .... hell, if you were and we were gay............


I love you.

7/30/2007 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Glam Girl Photographer said...

baby you are hot. we are disco divas!

7/30/2007 11:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colsy, you look beautiful and I love all the other girls too. This looks like soooo much fun!

8/09/2007 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger Minoa said...

These are some of the best women I know - the good kind of crazy too!

8/10/2007 06:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home