Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Where's the Chicken Ranch?

Glenn surprised me with a birthday trip up to Branson!
We woke up uber early to get to Silver Dollar City just as it was opening. The air was fresh, Wal-mart greeters were in place and the roads were curvy. (NOTE: Next time bring ginger ale.) As soon as we were through the gates we began eating everything in sight! I also proceeded to tell everyone that we ran into that I was there for my birthday. We rode some coasters, discovered that I was married to a crack shot, saw an egg get sucked into a glass, and I picked a pearl. ;) It was a wonderful day.
After a quick moment to relax at the hotel, we were off again! This time to the Dixie Stampede. No, Dolly wasn't there, but there was a pretty horse named Hammer. I'm not sure how it makes up for it but it does. Glenn giggled when the lady next to him asked the waiter for some silverware. His response was "We just ran out!" I guess she missed the opening announcement that your right hand was your fork and your left hand was your knife. We sat on the South side and I felt a bit like a trait, thankfully the food was delicious so I managed to keep my mouth occupied.
The next morning at breakfast I was treated to a large chocolate milk! I resisted the temptation to go to the Krispy Kreme next door. Then, we were on the road back home, again, quite curvy. Once home, Howl told us everything that happened while we were gone.
It was a lovely weekend and a great surprise!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I felt as thought I was there!

3/28/2007 09:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home