Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Shooting Star

I guess because it's the Halloween season, people would expect scary things from us bloggers. Instead, I'm going to post about something that is a little more seasonal for autumn. I saw a meme asking about a book that meant a lot to you when you were younger, and a lot of memories came flooding back to me. Including one book that was flooded, and then lost in a fire. Nana Upstairs and Nana Downstairs. I don't think there was ever I time that I read this book and did not cry, much less a time when I looked at the cover and started to brim with tears. Even now, the screen in front of me showing the book cover on Amazon has me all misty.

Autumn is a time of relection, cherished memories and the changing of ages. This book is a perfect reminder of that.

Labels: , , ,