Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Join Up?



Here. I believe I have found an author that I am going to greatly enjoy. I don't believe that I have read any of her books before. I have seen the movie for 'A Handmaid's Tale'. I remember how it haunted me when I was younger. A friend of mine just finished the Robber Bride, and after I read the review, I was quite intrigued! I've been wanting to read about empowered women. I know this sounds sad, but after I finished watching all of BTVS, I was looking for more strong women characters to watch/read. It surprised me how hard to was to think of them when I had to. Sometime soon I might stop by the local library or bookstore on my walk to see if her books are available and as good of a read as they sound. The way that I test a prospective book is to read the first page. If I find myself thirsting for more, then I know it's a keeper. I might not be able to start reading until September. Perhaps some of you might be willing to join me in reading her books? I will let you know when I will start and which books.

A list of her novels and publication dates:

The Edible Woman; 1970.
Surfacing; 1973.
Lady Oracle; 1976.
Life Before Man; 1980.
Bodily Harm; 1981.
The Handmaid's Tale; 1985.
Cat's Eye; 1989.
The Robber Bride; 1993.
Alias Grace; 1996.
The Blind Assassin; 2000;
Oryx and Crake; 2003.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger elswhere said...

Oh, Margaret Atwood's wonderful! The Robber Bride is a great novel-y novel. Maybe her best one. Like, if you were sick with the flu and home all day, it'd be great to read with a cup of tea. And maybe some ice cream. And then some more tea.

8/19/2005 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Minoa said...

Mmmm...tea and ice cream. You know, there is such a thing as Green Tea Ice Cream.

8/19/2005 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Hep said...

The Blind Assassin and Alias Grace are two of the best books I've read in my life.

8/19/2005 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home