Friday, May 19, 2006

Just remember that this whole marriage thing was your stupid idea. I didn't ask to be all crazy.

I moved to Arkansas about ten years ago and received a culture shock. I grew up around a lot of single families. There were a few single parents, as well as a few teenage pregnancies - even in the Catholic high school I attended. When I started college in Arkansas I noticed that most kids my age were either pregnant, had kids, were married or divorced. Most often in that order. But overtime it became the norm to me and I realized that it was just natural. People have been doing it for centuries. Until now. A small town in Missouri is transforming thier community into a little Stepford:

"The current ordinance prohibits more than three people from living together unless they are related by "blood, marriage or adoption." The defeated measure would have changed the definition of a family to include unmarried couples with two or more children. "

Buffy quote: Anya in Bargaining (Part 1)

Labels: ,