Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Play's the Thing!

The other night I watched The Simpsons. It had been awhile but I was pleased to see them reenacting 'children's stories' and one of those was Hamlet. During the reenactment of the play scene, Bart gives the quote of "I'll catch the conscience of the king!" the king, played by Moe, overheard Bart. And this is the part that made the little English major inside of me want to reach out and slap Groening!

"Hey man, you can't hear me, I'm doing a soliloquoy!"

Now you know why I'm so mad! Wait, you didn't catch it? He said SOLILOQUOY!!! You can hear someone doing a soliloquoy, Hamlet's line was an aside you dope!
Aside: A piece of dialogue intended for the audience and supposedly not heard by the other actors on stage.
I was quite frustrated but continued watching The Simpsons because while frustrating, it was still quite humorous.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

I love asides.

I once created a blog for an aside that was featured in many of my posts.

I know. You're shocked.

12/15/2005 06:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home