Thursday, May 05, 2005

Another Epiphany, Another Idiom

I’ve been trying to focus more on my writing lately; for some reason communication was always hard for me unless it was through allusive poems. Kinda like Joss Whedon one-liners. I want to write about little epiphanies. You know you have them every day. Something new yet familiar is always being thrown at you, but 12 hours later you can’t remember for the life of you what it was. A piece of conversation overheard at Wal-mart while waiting for your pictures to develop. Or witnessing some atrocious act of driving while winding your way through the morning traffic. Yet, when I sit down to write I still cannot be serious without throwing in some random quote. Does that mean that we avoid the original or the intimate and always rely on social idioms to get us through the day? Maybe there is a way to make resolutions very month, but how can you keep a daily reminder of what you have learned and what you need to stop doing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home