Monday, December 27, 2004

Our Christmas

I gave G his present the other night b/c I wanted him to have time to look thru it during his vacation. I'm not sure if he did though.... I got mine the next night and am still quite thrilled!!! The first morning, Friday, I woke up with a sore throat (one of those choking-phlemy type, and I still have it). G made us breakfast (biscuits, gravy and sausages from a little kit our friends gave us for Christmas, it came w/ its own griddle). After we ate, I watched tv and G played Anarchy. His mother called that morning to inform us that we would be entertaining that night. Ex-squeeze me? Christmas Eve, his parents have all of their friends over for food and games. This year was going to be different in that each family was going to take a turn "entertaining" everyone else. Good day to have a sore throat too, b/c I was informed that they wanted me to sing. G would just have to wear raindeer antlers. G then had to tell her that we would try to make it, seeing as how it was our one day off 'n at home together. We spent the rest of the day lolling about, or coughing, and around 8pm we left. We walked in on his parents and sisters singing "All I Want for Christmas is You." We waved, turned, and started to walk out. But then we walked back in. I hadn't eaten anything since that morning, so by 9:15, I was HUNGRY. They tried to divert me from the massive amount of food (and sugar) still at the table. Silly people!!! Then, it was time for bonko. A dice game of sorts, then people left. We spent the night and the next morning did presents. After breakfast we visited G's grandmother, made a dash for home to unload & load, then off to my parent's house. Thankfully, a gas station was open. G also managed to get me to eat something. At my parents we ate a whole bunch more, then finished opening presents by 9. WE WERE EXHAUSTED!!! We left by noon the next day. Now, I am at home and G is at work. :( But, I am having fun playing w/ gifts and I went out and got another bookshelf. We have way too many dvd's!!! But, that's what happens when you ask for them i guess :) There are still people to bake for and to send gifts to, but all in all, it was a very good Christmas!!! BELLS!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Sounds like you had a merry christmas in the midst of it all. Happy New Year!

12/27/2004 03:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home