Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Tea & Stereotypes

I had my very first cup of white tea yesterday. And it was excellent. I believe that I proved to myself this morning that I am indeed an official tea drinker now. With enough honey and sweet 'n low (ran out of splenda), I can gulp down an entire cup of tea! I fear that I still do not make it hot enough, however. According to Living In Egypt's blog, the key to tea is the temperature. (She said that awhile ago, so it's not in today's commentary, but she is still an excellent writer and I thought you might enjoy seeing her site.) Go over to Megatokyo today. Read the comment, as well as Piro's commentary below. I think he made some excellent points about both American and Japanese stereotypes. There's been a lot of cultural exchange between these two countries in the last twenty years, sometimes I feel most of America knows more about them than we do of Canada or Mexico. That worries me. I have been trying to learn more about Japan and Canada, the good and the bad. Since I have been reading a lot of blogs lately, I have been trying to find a few from each country (preferably in English). So, if you have any to recommend, please do! Also, each link is different. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home