Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Little bloop

This is definitely an "Everyone, will you please just keep quiet & don't bother me, or maybe, could you just go away? better yet? why don't I?" I have one co-worker, let's call her Sheila. Sheila likes to spend the majority of her day away from her desk, talking. And it wouldn't be that bad if she didn't sound like the teacher from Peanuts. (wah wah wah wah). Sounds like a mouth full of marbles. It got to a point (twenty years later, I am not kidding) that now everyone wears headphones (everyone that is who needs to concentrate when they have work) to block her out. What is sad is that she doesn't talk with people, but to them. You can give her advice until you are blue in the face, and she won't listen. Another co-worker, Sheila, said that Sheila is the exact same person that she knew twenty years ago. She has not grown emotionally. At all!!! It is sad and scary. I think a lot of people have tried to tell her over the years that she might need professional help, but she just ignores them, like everything else we tell her. I have gotten into a pattern of just ignoring her. If Sheila comes over to my desk, I continue to work/stare at computer screen, headphones still on, until she leaves a minute later when she realizes I have no wish to "participate" in her conversation. It got to such a point that I even went to the boss the other week. It felt weird, like 6 years olds fighting on the playground weird. I know, it sounds horrible of me. But, if you are not here, experience what I dread to experience every day at work, then you cannot tell me that what I am feeling is wrong. Good news: my little heater under my desk is starting to work. Oddness: There is a weird ringing. We think that it is the fax machine ringing. It's quite loud. Never heard anything like that before from it. Wow, you're still here! And here i'm supposed to get into the Christmas Spirit with tomorrow being the first day of Christmas. And 25 shopping days left!!! I will not get sick. I will not get sick. Says the girl who sneezes. Today will get better. Just have to make it better. Will get home in a few hours, put on comfy clothes, spend quality time with G. Yay!