Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The Brown Tree

I remember the exact moment when my imagination was corked...and by a wonderful teacher. In kindergarten, one of the first days of class, we were supposed to color the tree brown. I thought that I would be creative and color the tree many different colors. Yes, I knew which color was brown, but I wanted my tree to be unique! It was calling out to me from the page, gasping as I was about to bring down the point of my fat brown crayon to it's virgin paper bark, and said "No!!! Color me different! Make me shine!" So, enthusiastically, I used every color except brown! I believe it eventually became this pink & silver & yellow vertical lined colored tree. When my teacher inquired as to why the tree was not the regimented brown, I shakily declared in defense: "Trees aren't brown in Rainbow Brite Land." "Well," she replied firmly, "this is not Rainbow Brite Land." I was crushed. From that point on, I was a disciple of the rules. I felt that because I had failed at this one kindy-gartner task, that I was doomed to fail at the rest of my schoolwork. That, and I felt lame for referencing a cartoon show in my defense and horrified with the result. Now, I've come to a point in my life where I want to learn how to be creative again. I'm hoping to attend a drawing class this fall. Since grammar school, I never had an art class. I took one about five years ago and absolutely loved it!!! I feel like even my hands have been rejecting my attempts at creating. Carpal tunnel syndrome is horrible! So far, it has turned me away from two new crafts that I quickly learned to love. So now, it will be art!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

افضل الخدمات التى تسعى دائما ثراء الخليج لتقديمها من خلال الاعتماد على كل ما هوه جيد فى عالم الخدمات المنزلية من خدمات تسليك المجارى والبالوعات من خلال الاعتماد على مواد لها القدرة على تفتيت وازابة اصعب الرواسب مهما كان حجمها او قوة صلابتها دون احداث اى ضرر بالمواسير وخطوط الصرف الصح والبيارات الى جانب الاعتماد على خدمات تنظيف تتمتع بالتجديد الدائم فى الماكينات التى تستخدمها شركتنا فى التنظيف من خلال افضل ماكينات التنظيف التى تظهر بالسوق العالمى والاعتماد على منظفات معترف بها من قبل العالم كما تم توفير كم راع من العامالة التى تتمتع بالخبرة والدقة الشديدة فى عمليات التنظيف ولا تنسى اننا نعتمد على افضل المبيدات الحشرية فى عمليات القضاء على الحشرات بافضل مواتير الرش لذلك نمنح اطول فترات الضمان نظرا لقدرتنا العالية على التخلص من كافة انواع الحشرات المنزلية فلا تتردد بالاتصال بنا من خلال
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة تسليك المجارى بالدمام
شركة شفط بيارات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام

7/29/2016 05:20:00 AM  
Blogger Mahmoud Amin said...

كيمانول سهم من ذهب لانه من الاستثمارات الناجحة التي تعتبر إضافة قوية للمحفظة الاستثمارية والتي تضمن الحصول على أرباح مالية على المدى الطويل، فهو يعتبر استثمار طويل الأجل.

4/02/2022 04:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home